The purpose of this article is to help you understand how to:
- Set up your store options
- Set up your forms and industries
- Set up your scheduling
- Providers and teams
- Where to build your website
- Extras that you may want added
After you are ready to make the switch from your current software to BookingKoala it is recommended that you follow this checklist in order.
1. Set up your preferred settings in the store options.
Read each option carefully and set them up to your preferences.
Here are some articles that will help you understand each section:
- Basic Information
- Customer payments and setting up your payment processor
- Smart scheduling
- Automatic charging
- Multiple time zones
- Live chat
- Automatic reviews
- Linking your FAQ/Support
- My Drive Options
- 3 types of scheduling
- Gift cards
These articles are in order based on each section of the 'Store Options'. If you need help, you can learn about each section here.
2. Set up all your forms and industries.
After adding everything in, make sure your Stripe keys are activated if you accept credit/debit card payments, your locations are set up, sales tax is activated if you collect sales tax and your forms are completed to ensure they are showing up properly.
3. Set up smart scheduling.
You can view this article which will explain in detail our smart scheduling and how to set it up properly.
4. Prepare your notifications.
First you will want to make sure that your email notifications are verified and that your SMS notifications are set up.
Then you will want to have your email notifications modified and ready to go.
For example, all your links are connected to your social media accounts and images are replaced inside your emails.
SMS notifications are modified to your liking and Twilio is activated.
Click the link above to learn how to do all this step by step.
5. Disable all of your notifications for a short period of time.
Once you have notifications set up and verified, you will want to disable all of them to make sure no one gets any notifications when you are creating your customers and/or providers later.
6. Create and set up your providers/teams.
Start with this Provider/Team overview to learn more about providers and teams.
For a faster on-boarding experience, you can use our import tool.
7. Put in all of your bookings.
If you collect sales tax it is important that you set it up before bookings are added otherwise when sales tax is activated later or modified, all active bookings will get a message that sales tax has been modified.
Next time you save the booking it will add the sales tax to bookings that were made before sales tax was added or modified.
This should have already been done during step #2.
Here are some articles that you might be interested in:
8. Reactivate your notifications.
Go back and activate notifications that you want enabled.
If you need help learning about each notification, click here.
9. Our themes or your existing website?
Do you want to use our themes and build your site on BookingKoala or do you want to place our premium booking forms on your existing site?
When you sign up for BookingKoala, a website is already made for you within 60 seconds which you can modify at anytime to fit your brand.
You can also customize all the forms at anytime whether on our site or your already existing site.
Here are some articles to help you:
- Themes versus forms.
- Themes overview and how to customize your site.
- Customizing the look of your forms.
- How to embed forms on my existing website.
- How to preview my website made by BookingKoala.
Here are some extra things that you can do to your store:
Congratulations! Your store is now set up and live.
If you run into issues, here are some articles we put together based on problems others ran into:
- My booking forms are not working. What do I do?
- Why are no dates/times showing up when I try booking?
- Why are my notifications not going out?